A newly developed lens coating, Shamir Glacier Anti-Fog
prevents the rear lens surface from fogging up.
It does this by adsorbing the fog that accumulates on the lens.
Anyone who wears glasses is likely to have experienced the discomfort of blocked vision when the rear surface of their lenses fog up, virtually blinding them. This can be uncomfortable, disturbing, or even dangerous.
It can happen when stepping out in the cold, or when entering an air-conditioned environment, and it's most likely to happen during strenuous activity when the body is giving off more heat, and humidity gets trapped behind the lens.
Formation of fog on lenses with various coatings:
When does fog appear?
When humidity coming off the body gets trapped behind the lenses, and the lens temperature is lower than that of the trapped humid air, then the rear surface of the lenses fog up
Who benefits from Shamir Glacier™ Anti-Fog?
Shamir Glacier Anti-Fog is suitable for anyone who regularly experiences rear lens surface fogging. These will most likely be people engaged in:
- Sports, both indoors and outdoors
- Work that involves strenuous activity
- Professions where safety glasses are required
For additional lens protection, we recommend combining Shamir Glacier Anti-Fog with one of Shamir's advanced Glacier Plus™ coatings on the front surface of the lens.
Availability & Cleaning
Shamir Glacier Anti-Fog can be applied to polycarbonate lenses, including clear, polarized, Transitions or pre-tinted, and is suitable for any frame.
To keep lenses with Shamir Glacier™ Anti-Fog clean
- Lenses may be cleaned with either a dry or moist cloth.
- It is recommended to clean front and rear lens surfaces separately.
- To remove soil from rear surface, it is recommended to use a moist cloth and then dry with a dry cloth.
- You may also use alcohol, IPA or any lens cleaning solution available on the market.
- Do not soak or rinse with water.
- Do not clean with acetone.
- No special sprays or cloths are required to activate the anti-fog coating.
Shamir Glacier Anti-Fog comes with a 12-month guarantee covering manufacturing defects.
When providing patients with their lenses, it should be emphasized that during extended periods of time under conditions of high humidity, the lens coating may reach its adsorption capacity and lenses may become covered with a thin layer of water or begin to fog. In such cases, simply wipe the lens with any available soft cloth (even your shirt), and normal fog adsorption will be restored.
* Shamir Glacier Anti-Fog meets the EN-166 European Standard - the requirement for the time in which lens clarity is maintained under controlled humid conditions